Tuesday 16 January 2007

disposable princess

My princess in a tower -
I shall rescue her;
Bring her to my castle,
Comfort her – the worst is over now.

My disposable princess,
I can put her in a box,
And there she shall remain
Until I want her back again.

Dry your tears, princess,
For you have been Saved.
Better in your box than the tower, my sweet,
For I saved you from the jaws of the dragon.

And I love you,
Though I will not show it to you -
Though I leave you in the cold
Of the castle I deserted.

So be grateful, princess,
For as long as I keep you,
Neatly folded in white tissue-paper
There is a chance that you might be Whole.

For you can wait, my dear
- What else have you to do?
Try not to stain the wrappings,
With your careless bleeding.

But I Love you,
What reason have you to doubt it
When I went to so much trouble
With the tying of these ribbons?




SJL: 22nd September, 2004

No comments: