Tuesday 16 January 2007

railway inn, 3rd of June

I felt you arrive, you know.
Same as I did
At Caffe Nero’s,
Same as I have done
Every time
You have walked into a room
That I was in.

I knew it was time to go,
From where I hid -
Music videos
Loud and hot as guns -
You weren’t mine
But I was yours to consume.
I hold no pin:

Your cool river free to flow
Just as it did
When this woman chose
To stand in the sun
- out of time –
Though she would never presume
To mark your skin.

Yes, now it is time to go.
And you forbid
That I come, and pose
Something that you shun
As you mime…
Something simple to resume?
What was within,

Sleeps With Butterflies, you know.
Same as she did
When we were not close:
Before the bright sun
Of your mind.
This woman does not presume
To mark your skin.



SJL: 4th June, 2006

No comments: