Tuesday 16 January 2007

one way street

Well, there you were.
Slouching in a yellow shirt.
There I was,
(noit'sfineIamnothurt)
Heading for the door.

You saw me
I know you did, your eyes
Slid from my face,
(noreallypleasedon'tsympathise)
And found the sterile ground.

Irrationally, I felt afraid
That somehow, you could see
Crystal clearly
(it'sfinehundon'tyouworryaboutme)
My love for you lapping

At the shore
Of your demenour.
You were so good, you were so sweet
(So casual: pretend you did not see her)
You looked into my face

And said, Respect
That night, last week.
You did not see my face last night
(that'srightsolitudeiswhatIseek)
You did not look.

I told Martin,
“I am in love with him.”
Martin said, I know you are.
(ohyesIonlycamehereonawhim)
He knew. He knows.

SJL: 4th June, 2006

No comments: