Tuesday 16 January 2007

(lunar song)

Watching you glowing
-A luminous effervescence
Dispersing softly into
The liquid, milky sky

I wonder how it is that I,
Lying here, staring outside
Can see it; can feel them
-Other creatures staring too?

As the world floats around you
I see the wonders
Of life, and the night
-And I can’t help but dream.

So magic you seem,
That only I can see it –
But I wonder who else
Is gazing, just like me?

Who else can see?
Who are the dreamers,
Staring through their windows
And out into the night –

Lit alone by your light?
-And I can’t help but wonder
As I lay here, swirling
And listening to the skies;

Can they hear my happy sighs?
Is there another moon-gazer
Lying there, dreaming –
Could they be thinking of me?

For who knows what they see?
When the light swims inside them –
And who knows what they dream?
As I lay here, floating in your aura
-And smiling from inside.


SJL: October, 2001

No comments: