Tuesday 16 January 2007

Well,

Well, I wanted to write you a poem

You'd be sure was just for you.

To slide over your fingers

Soft pillow familiar, red-ribboned new.

So I thought I might start with your brown eyes,

Earth-deep gentle and silent,

That house many multitudes

Of whispers – soft, honestly sentient…

But what can words say of your lovely eyes?

They cannot be referenced

Or filed alphabetically –

Gorgeous great meadows that will not be fenced.

And could I describe your pale, smooth shell voice

Safe as moss and crystal clear?

Do I really wish to try,

Or let it swim freely, gossamer sheer –

No. I shall not textualise you.

I think I want you to be free, my love.

Free of wordy descriptions

Inadequate adjectives

And kindly meant poetic precriptions…

I want to love you. Let me.

 

SJL: 19th September, 2006



MSN Hotmail is evolving – check out the new Windows Live Mail

No comments: