Tuesday 16 January 2007

Unremarkable

If you cannot remember my face or my name,

Think of my madness –

Remember how completely I crumple and fold,

How crippled I am by my shame…

 

Think of the complexity of my tone,

The bewildering dance that I step –

The places I hide, the candles I carry,

And why I am always alone.

 

Recall how I always say things askew,

My clumsy nerves and inconsistencies,

How fragile and tiny I am, sometimes –

Please remember how much I need you.

 

If you did not remember my name or my face,

Pretend, at least, that you thought of me

And loved me a little, love me still -

And I'll welcome you home with well-rehearsed grace,

 

And wear a face you'll remember next time.

 

SJL: 30th May, 2004



MSN Hotmail is evolving – check out the new Windows Live Mail

1 comment:

Clau said...

Beatifully true "If you cannot remember my face or my name,Think of my madness "
Cheers